Friday 6 July 2012

Introduction

I intend to post my experiences with learning the Revit API using vb.Net only. I find a lot of information out there with c# as the examples and get very frustrated, so I figured something that shows only vb.Net would be of benefit to people like me who have come from a VBA background.

I will also use it as a simple place to store my code as I do it, meaning I can access it anywhere.

I started with AutoCAD scripts, macros, Lisp and then VBA back in the last century. However this year I was tasked with converting some code from VBA to vb.Net for AutoCAD so I learnt vb.Net.

I have in the past tried to get into the Revit API, but never had the time to do it properly, any time I tried I got very frustrated and moved onto other things, however with my new found knowledge of vb for AutoCAD I am hoping this is the time.

If however this blog stops after 1 or 3 posts then you know it didn't work this time either!!

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I have a similar background but picked up AutoLISP and VB.Net more recently. I started out with VBA in Excel. I haven't been able to find much Revit API stuff in VB.Net and this has been a big help so far. Thanks for putting it together.

    ReplyDelete